- The website does not automatically collect information, with the exception of information contained in cookies.
- Cookies are small text files sent by the visited Internet page to the end device of the page user. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they come, the time of storage on the end device and their unique number. They do not contain any personal data.
- The organ placing cookies on the user’s end device as well as with access to them is the operator of the website, in other words, the National Archives in Krakow with its headquarters at 22E Rakowicka Street, 31-510 Krakow.
- Within the website, there are two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files. They are stored on the user’s end device until the time of logging off, leaving the site or closing the browser. Persistent cookies are stored for a period defined in the parameters of the cookies files or until they are removed by the user.
- Efficient cookies are used as they allow the collection of information about how the website is used.
- In many cases, the software used for browsing websites (Internet browsers) is configured to store cookies in the user’s end device.
- Users can, at any time, change their settings regarding cookies, e.g. delete them from the computer, block all sent cookies or set up warnings before they are registered on the computer. Such restrictions concerning cookies may, however, influence some functions available on the website.
- Detailed information about cookies is available in the settings of each Internet browser.
More information on the subject of cookies is available, among others, at wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie, youronlinechoices.com or in the “Help” section in the Internet browser menu.